After around six years of negotiations, Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr had finally made an agreement to finally fight each other in Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena which might take place on May 2 and might also amount to a staggering total of $250 million.
According to The Telegraph, there had been news that the Filipino Boxing Icon had finished signing his contractual agreements on the said fight and the American Boxing Icon’s signature is the awaited to seal the deal.
There are rumors that the fight might even be announced by Mayweather himself on the NBA All-Star Game. As for Pacman, he had revealed that he had already started his training in his hometown, General Santos, Philippines for his next fight.
It had been on January when boxing fans almost lose hope for the fight to become a reality as the two camps accuse each other for hindering a final agreement on the fight. Mayweather announced last December that he will be willing to fight Pacquiao on May 2 but various issues had arisen which seemed to have stalled the negotiations.
However, after the two were seen watching the same NBA Game live and were featured on the screenboards, the hopes had once more rekindled. Pacquiao had shared that they had talked together for an hour after the game. The two agreed to have their fight where Mayweather had his 10 previous bouts. They had also agreed to have random drug test before and after the fight. The said condition had once stalled the contract but now both are willing to go through it.
It was also reported that both camps had agreed that Mayweather will have the 60% cut in the game while Pacqiao is willing to have the smaller cut of 40%. A few weeks ago, Pacquiao shared that he is willing to have the smaller cut if only it will make their fight happen. He said that giving the most awaited fight to the boxing fans is enough.