Smokers beware, an executive order banning smoking in all public places is pending for review and approval by President Rodrigo Duterte. If signed without any alterations, smoking in public places, both indoor and outdoor would prohibited. It would include parks, bus stations and even in vehicles.
The executive order was said to be drafted from a Davao City smoking ban, where the current president used to lead for more than two decades.
The report was confirmed by Health Secretary Paulyn Ubial’s chief of staff Karl Ubial. The draft executive order was prepared by the Department of Health. "The EO was submitted last week and is up for review by the President," said Ubial on Monday, October 10.
President Duterte, himself, used to be a smoker, but quitted due to health reasons. He was known to aggressively enforced the city-wide smoke ban while he was mayor, to the point of chasing down smoking divers who violated the smoking ban. The said smoking ban in Davao has been recognized by the World Health Organization as an effective smoke-free measure in an urban setting.
It is also anticipated that a nationwide liquor ban in public places and curfew minors as he has previously stated would also take effect soon.
It would be the end of scrutinizing the statements of Edgar Matobato if only for Senate President Aquilino "Koko" Pimentel III. According to Senator Pimentel, a new resolution should be done before the senate could move further in investigating the testimonies of self-proclaimed hitman Matobato. The latter has been accusing President Rodrigo Duterte of being the mastermind of the Davao killings of known criminals.
Pimentel stated that he would relay this to Senator Leila De Lima due to the fact that the Senate committee on justice and human rights had deviated from its original objective after hearing the presented witness' testimony implicating the President.
The said committee is being chaired by Senator De Lima is investigating the recent increase of killings of drug suspects amidst the government war against illegal drugs.
Senate President Pimentel has earlier rejected De Lima's request on protective custody for Matobato, citing that the witness was not important in the eyes of the Senate because he was testifying on matters that allegedly happned from 1988 to 2013.
Senator Antonio Trillanes IV, on the other hand, would like to question the Senate President's decision and would likely be inciting the chamber to vote against the latter's ruling. He also stated that President Duterte should respond to Matobato's accusation against him. Source
Another high-profile coming out has caught the attention of netizens as Ian King, the wealthy businessman from the family behind Victoria Court and car enthusiast behind Car Porn racing, made a very special announcement. His loving wife, Joey Mead King, a Filipino-Iranian celebrity who became a part of Asia’s Next Top Model, showed all out support to Ian’s coming out.
Joey Mead posted a photo of Ian wearing a two-piece swimsuit while on the pool captioning it “Freedom” on her Instagram account. The latter also posted the same photo on his IG with the caption “Best hangover cure @joeymead.”
As of July 2, Ian has been using the name Angelina Mead King, and proudly states that she is a transwoman. She even posted a picture of herself with Joey saying, “ "My rock and my number one supporter! @joeymeadking I Love You! " Apparently, the said Instagram accounts has been around since 2012.
Words of encouragement poured in from their closest friends like designer Mark Bumgarner, Maggie Wilson, host/model Bianca Valerio and photographer Nicoolo Cosme. Even Ian/Angie’s brother, Atticus King posted a picture with them saying, “Here's a pic with my former kuya who is now my ate. Meet my "new" sister
Angelina also thanked her supporters on her Twitter account. She also posted her gratitude on her Facebook account saying that a weight has been lifted off her heart. She is also excited to see everyone soon.
A transwoman is a person who was male at birth, but whose gender identity is that of a woman.
Nestle Drumstick launches its newest flavor Choco Brownie Fudge. Place your finger on the icon to witness a #FunnerThanEver ice cream experience. Start with the top layer of choco brownies, then slowly work your way to the dark chocolate and milk chocolate ice cream smothered with luscious chocolate fudge, wrapped in a crunchy wafer cone. But just when you think fun is over, you’ll reach the chocolate nugget tip at the end.
They said summer was almost over, but with this heat, I was having doubts, so I headed over to our neighborhood convenience store to chill. I looked around for something to cool me down; almost everything looked the usual. Keeping cool was starting to be a boring routine, especially when summer has been extended indefinitely. But, lo and behold! Something special caught my eye!
It’s the new Nestle Drumstick Choco Brownie Fudge! I can’t believe my eyes, all of my favorites in one package. I did not pass my chance to try it! My first bite on the choco brownies was delectable! The layers of Nestle dark chocolate and milk chocolate ice cream wrapped in crunchy wafer cone were a pleasure to the taste buds, while cooling me off from the summer heat. Then. I finished off with the yummy chocolate nuggets at the tip.
This awesome discovery broke me off my boring cooling off routine. Break away from any other boring routine, and experience something to the next level. You though ice cream was already fun? Nestle Drumstick Choco Fudge proved it could be #FunnerThanEver! Do not miss out on all the fun and head on to your nearest convenience store to experience Nestle Drumstick #FunnerThanEver. You can also share your #FunnerThanEver moments with Nestle Drumstick on the comments section below! For more funny moments visit facebook page
This post has been sponsored by Nestle, but all thoughts are mine.
Another proof that second chances do exist, if one continuously persevere. Roy Lawagan, a security guard working for the Commission on Audit office in La Trinidad, failed to pass the bar exams last 2014 despite being enrolled in a review center. He decided to review on his own and retook the exam last November 2015. He was able to pass this time, and he considers it an early gift for his 27th birthday on May 11.
Even after being successful from the 2015 Bar exams, he still reported back to work. According to him, he would stay on his job until May 15 before he ventures to Manila to work at a law firm, hoping to gain experience.
Lawagan’s achievement was not an easy feat. He attended night classes on his first year at law school. During the same time, his wife was also pregnant with their daughter who is now four years of age. He added that it was his father’s dream to have a lawyer offspring.
Some of sisters were able to graduate with degrees in political science, but were not able to pursue law. Lawagan on the other hand, graduated from the University of Baguio where he took up his criminology course before pursuing his law studies at Saint Louis University.
According to an independent research group known as IBON, fewer jobs were created under Aquino’s reign.
IBON openly criticized the Aquino administration last Sunday for its alleged failure to create new jobs. The group added that whilst the economy grew and investors are more confident, fewer jobs were created. Furthermore, unemployment rate remains high and work quality has worsened.
Due to the slow growth of job creations, the number of unemployed and underemployed Filipinos rose to 11.5 million in 2015. In addition, 5,000 Filipino workers opted to leave the country to work abroad.
The group also added that 63% of the total number of working Filipinos are either non-regular, agency-hired, informal sector or unpaid family workers. Another 38% of the workforce are either non-regular or agency-hired.
IBON also said that the minimum wage is no longer sufficient to the rising prices of goods and services. That being some 46% of the workforce is receiving less than the minimum wage.
“Falling job generation, increasing poor quality work, and measly wages are the result of more than three decades of 'free market' economics that have stunted domestic industries and eroded Philippine agriculture,” the group said.